On Sunday July 30th from 12-5PM join us for a very special NEW workshop that will leave you dyeing everything blue.
Learn new Shibori techniques and bring home a beautiful hand dyed textile. We will be providing hands-on instruction on how to dye your very own one-of-a-kind scarf.
Indigo expert Agnes Pierscieniak from Crave Workshops will be sharing her global knowledge for creating long lasting and beautiful examples of Shibori. Shibori is a textile art dating back to the 8th century Japan that involves folding, twisting, and binding cloth before soaking in natural indigo dye.
The day will include the following:
- Introduction to Shibori
- Demonstration of Shibori techniques
- Individual Shibori samplers to take home including to itajime and arashi indigo dyeing techniques.
- All materials to complete sampler and fabric (this may be a tea towel or scarf) to complete your own special take home piece.
- Handouts including introduction to shibori, resources
As a workshop participant, you will receive:
- A blank white Late Sunday Afternoon scarf with unfinished edges.
- a kitchen towel
- personalized instruction with artist Agnes Pierscieniak in a small class setting
- a delicious home-cooked lunch
- light snacks and beverages
- a few surprises!